Native Plant & Seed Specialist
Position Description: Duties fluctuate based on seasonality but will include harvesting and cleaning native seeds using a variety of equipment and techniques, managing production fields with herbicide, hand and mechanical weeding, and prescribed fire. Designing, preparing, mixing, packaging, and shipping diverse seed mixes will also be major components during our sales seasons. These are only the most immediate duties to be filled; there is vast opportunity for creativity and increased responsibility in our small, expanding, for-profit company. Full-time, year-round w/ annual bonuses. Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field/discipline
- Knowledge of MI native plant species and plant communities
- Able to work outdoors for long periods
- Able to wear a dust mask and/or respirator face mask for extended periods
- Attention to detail, creative problem solving, able to shift tasks quickly based on necessity
- Able to lift 50 lbs and climb stairs/ladders
- Able to (or learn to) operate small engine equipment (brush saws, chain saws etc.)
- Pesticide applicator’s license or ability to acquire one
- Additional desirable and useful skills (not required)
- Operate a tractor and forklift
- Drive a truck and trailer and/or CDL
- Deep familiarity with spreadsheets for design and analytical purposes
- Experience in prescribed fire, farming, restoration, landscaping, native landscaping, construction, fabricating, sales, design, marketing, etc.
If interested please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org